Monday, February 8, 2010

Closed Meeting from May 26, 2009

Well, I'm on the agenda for tomorrow night's council meeting. I've got a few questions about open meetings and I hope we can shed some light on the procedure required for closing a meeting to the public.

Here is a video of the May 25, 2009 meeting where they went into closed session. I'm not a lawyer, but that doesn't mean I can't read the law and tell you what I think it means. I think they were clearly in the wrong for the way they have been going about their business behind closed doors. Read the law, and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Have a complaint about unfair, corrupt, or illegal actions you believe a representative is making - contact the Nebraska State General Attorney or go to the following website and file a Constituent Complaint form. The City Council members are all elected officials and represent you, their constituents. They must to be held accountable.
    http://www.ago.state.ne.us/consumer/emailforms/constituent_complaint.htm

    To three certain Sidney City Council Members - please go to the library and brush up on your American Government; your knowledge of it is tragically lacking.

    ReplyDelete